Hacks to Help you Combat Common Quirks of
Personalized URLs For Direct Mail
The Troublemaker: Cookies
- If a recipient is cookied, your PURL tokens and form pre-fill will be replaced with values corresponding to the cookied person. Cookies win over PURLs.
- If a recipient is not cookied, a PURL populates tokens on the page, but it will not work to pre-fill your form.
- If a recipient is cookied as an anonymous person, the anonymous cookied person will override the PURL data.
Hack 1: Use Lead Tokens as Form Field Default Values
Hack 2: Erase Cookie and Associate Session
- Instantly erase anonymous or known cookies.
- Reload the page and associate sessions to PURLs. This will reset visitors’ cookies, allow you to personalize your landing page, and track your visitors’ web activity.
- Also as the page reloads, automatically merge anonymous or known cookies with PURL records to preserve historical web activities.